Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Words of thanks

Friends,

God is good.

All the time!

All of us prayed for an election victory on Tuesday. Just because we didn’t get what we wanted doesn’t mean He didn’t hear us. It just means He didn’t give us the answer we wanted to hear.

I still believe God is good.

All the time!

We have to trust His will and His wisdom.

I must thank all of my supporters for your prayers and good wishes.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. From the bottom of my heart -- thank you.

We fought a battle with one arm tied behind our backs. You know they’ve been after me for years. Tuesday they won a battle.

We are a strong people. We’re descendants of people who survived the Middle Passage. We have survived centuries of abuse. We are strong. We are still standing.

Tuesday was a setback, not a defeat.

I’ve been so blessed to have served this community for 24 years in Congress.

I’ve done my best to make our community better for children, families and working people both here and around the country.

I congratulate Al Lawson. I hope he appreciates the trust the community has given him. I hope that he will focus on serving the needs of the people and not the big campaign contributors. I hope that he will build on my record of success and service.

Thank you so much. God bless each and every one of you.



Sincerely,

Congresswoman Corrine Brown




No comments:

Post a Comment